Thursday

Sitting on the side lines of life.






I often here my clients say that their body is getting in the way of doing something...


Just the other day I was talking to a gal that said, "I'm not going to my friends wedding, because I may bump in to some old friends and I'm just to fat" I 100% understand this statement and in the past have felt the same way. What I found was that I really was blaming my outside for a inside thing. I also found that I felt worse not going, like I was punishing myself, like I was not worthy of a good time. It's like a double punishment, you don't get to go and have fun, plus you don't get to save those preachiest memories for later.
When these times happen for you and you choose to sit on the sidelines of life because of your body image ask your self these questions:



  • If I saw an old friend that had changed allot over the years would I notice or just be happy to see her?

This is one thing I know for sure: I always see people through the loving eyes I have always seen them thought. I rarely ever notice anything different with old friends or anyone else. I see their beauty and 99% of people are this same way.

  • If I do not go will I regret it later?

The few times in the past that I did not go to an event because of my body image I sometime along the line regretted it. I had wish I had seen that old friend or I heard what a great time others had and wish I went.


  • If I go will I be thinking about my "imagined" body flaws the whole time?

When I push through and walk in the door to the perceived scary event as soon as I walk over the threshold all the crazy feelings I was having before change, they melt away and a good time is had by all, but mostly me!

Sitting on the sidelines is exactly that, your on the sidelines.
Your missing all the fun stuff, you know the game part. Don't let another day go by....

Why not start playing today, go ahead get out there and have a great time!

Much Body Love, Cynthia Sharp
http://www.bodybonding.com/





No comments: