Saturday

Does someone you know rain on your parade?




I was having a great morning and my hubby was not in a good mood...kinda grumpy. I was so very happy to be taking my kids in the 4Th of July parade and my husband was like walking around with Eyore, "It was to hot, I'm to sweaty, the parade was to early"...you get the hint. Now in his defence he is not usually grumpy and it was early and HOT. But as it may, I was in a great mood and found that he was bringing me down to his level of thinking...and as I let myself go there I found that as I checked in with my body, thoughts and spirit, it did not feel as good as it did before Eyore got ahold of me. I was letting him rain on my parade literally!

What do you do when others rain on your parade? Do you feel your life energy lowering and if so can you tell your body changes, it just does not feel the same...it's like you are carrying a 50 pound back pack with you every where you go.

Here is what I do when this happens:

  • The first thing is I acknowledge that I'm letting someone else bring me down and that if they have lower energy it does not mean that it has to affect me. Then I try and change my thoughts and get back to what my feelings really are, "I'm feeling good", " I'm happy to be where am at" and so on. I remind myself that others people don't have anything to do with how I feel, they are having a challenge and it does not have to seep in to me.

  • If this does not work I change my proximity to the negative person. I leave their space and I do that soon. I just step away or excuse myself and get away. This is not always easy, but the right thing to do It you can do it. Then take a few minutes and go back to looking at your thoughts to see what part you are taking in the negativity.

Just remember that if you are having a happy go luck skip in the parade kinda day then just keep on going and enjoy it!

Much Body Love, Cynthia Sharp

http://www.bodybonding.com/

No comments: