Thursday

H1N1 and Body Bonding? Can I do it?







This past month we have had many family members come down with this new bout of flu. From my grandchildren to my Oregon family it seems to have really made the rounds. Two of the people that fell ill, were my grandson AndrĂ© and my granddaughter Melia. I took care of both of them as they fought a 103 temp and an ugly cough, which lasted a full week. As I was seeing them feel so miserable, I of course thought; hope I don’t catch this bug! Trying to keep my mind focusing in a positive direction and filling myself full of vitamin C, I hoped to have missed the H1N1 flu boat. But, I could not stop wondering how do you love and bond with your body, while feeling downright miserable?

Body Bonding is about gratitude for our body, positive body movement and personal acceptance. How do you do all that when you’re felling like Do Icky? Well, I thought a good place to start would be to think of all the good things about having the flu; that’s right I actully found a few good things.

Here is my list:

• You can sleep as long as you want and no one will say anything.
• You can live off of ginger ale. (my fav)
• You can watch, catch up on all those day time shows, like Oprah.
• And if you’re real lucky, you may even get waited on by your spouse, kids or a maybe stranger, just as long as they are bringing hot soup; who cares right?

So can you love and bond with your body when you are not feeling your best? Nothing like putting it to the pesonal test! I’m going to find out, because I can feel the creepy crawler flu, catching up with me and I will let you know how I make it though.

In the mean time, “Honey, where is my soup and ginger ale?”

Much Body Love,
Cynthia Sharp
www.bodybonding.com


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh, My Gosh...

we had this too...hope you feel better!