Friday

Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now?




You don’t need to watch a Verizon commercial to understand the irritation when you just can’t connect or get through on today’s latest technology. You know when you pick up the phone and you’re out of service range or you can’t send an email because your computer is slow or on the fritz. This can be a tad frustrating for all of us. But what happens when life throws you a real curve ball and you can’t get connected at all. I’m not talking about a phone or computer here. I am talking the real connection, the one that matters most. The connection to our source, to ourselves, to life and one another. Do you ever feel like you’re just wavering in the human abyss and can’t bond on any level? I was having waves of this over flow me all week. As I tried to move myself back to my foundation I found that I would move down the life road a bit feeling pretty good and hit a road bump and bounce right off, back to the abyss.



Here is what I did about it…



Get ready because you are not going to be prepared for this answer.
I stopped trying to jump on the life train. That’s right, I was feeling separate, isolated and cut off. And I allowed myself to sit in it. I let myself wallow in the feeling of just not feeling right. Now first off this is against all human nature, at least my human nature. I want to jump on the Amtrak and join the living and loving on this life’s grand voyage. But you can only get thrown off the train so many times, before the upstairs’ conductor says, “this is enough”. You climb off, find a nice little bench in the train station and sit this one out. I’m the first one to enjoy the motivation of try, try again.



But is there a time and place for a short spell of giving up?



I think so!

Sometimes life is trying to tell us something and we need to just sit and listen, look for the lesson and move on to the next. As I took my mini time out this week I found that life’s most wonderful answers don’t always come in the happy go lucky moments. Sometimes it’s the moments of dimness that can move us to get back on track. So I let myself sit, I watched the train wiz by and just knew I was in the precise place I needed to be. And when I was ready, I jumped back on, said to the conductor “I’m ready now” and went on my way.


The abyss turned in to clarity, the wallow moved to wonderment and I was on my way, back down the track of life. Ready for the next adventure!



Much Body Love,

Cynthia Sharp

Body Bonding Coach



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Suzie Dellaro said...

Thanks...I had a week like that not so long ago and you are right. Sometimes it's ok to just be...