Sunday

A day in the life of your body!



When I was working in the corporate world my day looked like this;
Get ready for work, drive one hour to my office, check in with my staff, go to my office and work behind a computer, get in my car, go to lunch, off to a meeting or back to the office and more computer work. Ah, work day is over, drive an hour home. Most of my days were behind a wheel or a computer. How many of you have days like this? I think in these times there are more people than most that are spending long hours in traffic, sitting behind a computer or working on your feet. Do you ever hear your body say “stop wait a minute here, I hurt, my neck hurts, my back hurts my feet are sore, I’m tired.” We put so many daily demands on our bodies and rarely ever hear what it’s telling us. We go, go and go some more.


In this day of technology, long drives to work and the go, go, go world, we often miss the messages that are being told to us, loud and clear by the one whose closest to us, our bodies.


If your body is yelling at you maybe it’s time to stop!


I’m not saying to throw your computer through the window or quit your job, but I am saying to stop a few times a day and listen to the messages your body is telling you. If it aches take few minutes a day and stretch, if it’s feeling over loaded stop for five minutes and quite yourself for a mini meditation.


Doing a few little things can be a way of avoiding a big thing, your body can’t take day in and day out push and at some time not push back. So listen and make plans to do the little things in your life to send love and gratitude to your body. It can be as easy as a 10 minute walk in the park or just sitting in your car and closing your eyes, and saying “Thank you body, Thank you for all you do for me”

Take these next few days and just listen, If your body speaks to you, love it, take care of it. Doing this small body bonding, love your body task will guarantee you many years of much body love.
Much Body Love,
Cynthia Sharp
Body Bonding Coach

No comments: